Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5.4

We experienced our first "major" Earthquake today. The kids handled it well. Aislynn got a little scared and Tyler thought it was an "adventure". Aislynn told us that "there was a monster at school and he was banging the windows!".

I personally am freaked out but I'm sure that feeling will pass. Ryan just felt some shaking in his chair. I felt shaking, then a jolt, then a rolling. It lasted about 15 seconds. Our building had to evacuate and we had to wait about 15 minutes outside to make sure that everything was okay to go back in. Our mall down the street had minor damage at Macy's, but that was the most damage in our area that I have seen reported.

So we are safe and sound! It definitaly made me realize that we need to have our evacuation bag packed (first aid, water, food, etc) just in case.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com