Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Progress...

*WARNING - The spell check is not working and I can't spell, so don't mind the errors!

Tyler's behavior has been MUCH better. Honest! We had a great day on Sunday! It's so sad to say this, but it's really the first time in a loooooong while that I really enjoyed spending quality time with him. I love him more than anything, but it was really hard to actually "get along" with him since everything ended in a war. I've also been really patient and have been giving him lots of praise for all of the nice things that he says to us and his sister and all of the helpful things that he does. He also gets rewarded for doing his homework, brushing his teeth and finishing his dinner. The new reward is "trying something new". This has worked WONDERS getting Tyler to try new healthier foods. Last night he tried salmon (and he liked it!) and tonight we had biscuits and gravy. I also made him a "roll up" for lunch using a whole wheat tortilla, cream cheese, and turkey breast. He said that he really, really liked it. =) I'm working really hard with him to get him off of the "Chicken nugget-fish stick-cocoa puff" diet that he has been on for the past year. So far it's been going well.

We have some MORE great news! Aislynn is potty trained! And she did this all by herself. I really can't take any credit for it. She went from going on the potty one day to wearing underpants to school for the first time. She did hae an accident, but I'm really proud of her. She even wakes up with a dry diaper in the morning! What a good girl!

Aislynn also got her first bike today. Ryan and Tyler went out on Sunday and bought her a pink Barbie bike complete with a Disney Princess helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads. She loves it. The bike came with a purple Barbie back pack that is a *must* for her to wear when she rides her bike. I have some pictures that I will need to resize and post. She can't peddle yet, but she is getting really good and steering.

When did my baby get so big? And can anyone believe that Ty is going to be 5?!?!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for progress! That is great news and I can't believe your little one is potty trained already! Big changes at the Ross house, huh?!

 
template by suckmylolly.com