Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quick Update!

After reading a close friend's blog, I realized that I had one that I had not updated in 8 months! Shame on me...



California has been really good to us. Ryan and I both found really great jobs and the kids' enjoy going to their daycare. We recently moved into another apartment in the same complex that accepted dogs. So now Yippy is here too!



California Winter's are something that I wish I could have experienced sooner. We usually are pretty cold in the morning (today it was 40) and then it warms up to about 60 during the day. I really don't miss the -25 degree weather back in Illinois! It was so hard to be happy when you were basically stuck in the house for 6 months out of the year. Winter's here are rainy, but the warmer temperature sure makes it easier to deal with.



On to the kids: Aislynn is at a very funny age right now. She is very different from Tyler when Tyler was 2 1/2. First of all, she is addicted to DORA! It's all that she watches. When she gets home from school, she screams that she wants to watch Dora. When she wakes up, she wants Dora. It even has gotten so bad that she has woke up in the middle of the night SCREAMING for DORA!!! She also has not been sleeping in her own bed since we have moved to the new apartment. She was in bed with Ryan and I or I would go sleep with her in her bed. That had to stop. Ryan and I were not sleeping well at all and it was just adding stress. So i went out last night and bought a gate for her and Tyler's room. And guess what happened last night? I SLEPT! All night... and we didn't have a screaming little girl demanding Dora at 2am. Hopefully this will continue and it will be a phase that will have passed.



She loves playing with her Barbies and loves to color. Her favorite color is purple and she loves to show off her earrings. She's also been going on the potty lately and is very proud of that as well.



Tyler is still very active! He's been asking for a skateboard so Santa brought him one for Christmas. If he sill has an interest in it we will take him for lessons. SCARY!!! He can write his name all by himself and he loves to be silly and entertain us. He loves Spiderman and is very picky when it comes to eatting and what he wants to wear in the morning. So silly... We are still working on writting and we struggle to get homework done at night (can you believe it, homework!). It's hard for Ryan and I to actually grasp that he will be heading off to kindergarten in the Fall. My babies are just growing up so much!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jvk p ora w, free xxx. vez j, ujh fkefom! bkpc v ijz ol.

 
template by suckmylolly.com